Recently, I’ve seen a lot of bloggers nominated for the Liebster Award. Since one of the requirements for all of the blogger awards is that the newest nominee then go on to nominate a number of other bloggers, each time I would come across an acceptance post by a new nominee, I would excitedly check to see if I was among the that blogger’s nominations. Alas, ’twas not to be.
And I was beginning to feel unappreciated and diminished. Heck, those other nominations had blogs no better than mine – why wasn’t I being chosen? Why was I still standing alone on the sideline, with eyes screaming “Pick me! Pick m-e-e-e-e-!“?
Then along came Kim Scaravelli of Stuff My Dog Taught Me. This morning, she included me among her nominations for the coveted Liebster Award.
And guess what? I don’t qualify.
What, you say? How is that possible? Cordelia’s Mom should be nominated for every blogger award that exists!
Well, the fact is that the Liebster Award can only be given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I have more.
Yay me! I have become such a “big blogger” that I don’t qualify! (And no, don’t go running to see what my follower count is – it’s not that far above 200, but it IS above 200.)
However, in the spirit of awardsmanship (is there such a word?) and because I looked forward to this award for so long, I am going to attempt to answer Kim’s 11 questions:
1. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be? That’s easy – a redwood. Because redwoods are really old and really big, and everyone loves them anyway.
2. You are on a desert island and can have only one food. You will never run out but that is all you will ever eat… for the rest of your life. What food do you choose and why? Ice cream. Before my stomach surgery, all I could eat was semi-solids, and after developing ulcerative colitis, for a long time I had to limit myself to very soft foods. Ice cream fit the bill in both cases, and it is so very nutritious – after all, it’s made from cream which comes from the top of milk, and babies begin their lives on milk. What could be better? (I assume that desert island has electricity so I can keep that ice cream frozen? If not, guess the next question would be: “What one living creature would you take with you?” and I’d have to answer, “A cow.” [sorry, Puppy Cody])
3. You have lots of time and no one else wants in the bathroom. Do you choose to take a shower or do you choose a bath? Why? Let’s not go there -trust me, no one would want to sit in my tub in the condition it’s in right now. Even Mr. Clean runs away in terror.
4. In your “dream home” what is the biggest room? Why? The back and side yards. If there’s enough land around me so I don’t have to see or hear my neighbors, I don’t care how big or small the rooms in the house are.
5. You are on a plane. The person beside you wants to engage in conversation but you would rather just watch bad television and eat your tasteless, pre-packaged chicken wrap. How do you resolve this? Get off. The seats are too small and too close together anyway. I’ve heard parachute jumping is fun.
6. Who is your favourite cartoon dog and why? Snoopy, because he’s a beagle. (Note to Cordelia: I’m so sorry we lost your stuffed Snoopy dog on the way into the ER when you were 8. The entire ER staff went one-by-one out to the parking lot to search, but it was just – gone.)
7. You have been trapped in a Karaoke situation. There is no way out. What song do you sing? The mime song, because all you have to do is wave your arms around and look silly. (And dodge those thrown beer bottles.)
8. You are in a clothing store. You have enough money to purchase one “PERFECT” sweater. Beside this item is a sale rack where you find three “NICE” sweaters that can all be bought for the same amount of money. What do you choose to do and why? I mostly shop online, to avoid crowds, and I avoid fitting rooms whenever possible because I hate sharing space with all those beautiful younger women. Do you know how embarrassing that can be? (I’m sorry, what was the question again?)
9. You have a chance to rewrite history and change your name to anything you like… What do you call yourself? God. And I’m sure I’m going straight to Hell for that answer.
10. Too cold or too hot? If you had to pick one, which would it be and why? Definitely, too cold. You can always add layers, but [again, trust me] no one wants CookieCakes taking anything off.
11. The television has broken and there is not a book to be found (what a horrifying thought!). It is a stormy day and you are trapped in your house. How do you amuse yourself for the day? I assume there’s still electricity? Then, there’s only one possible answer – I would, of course, spend time writing this blog (and hoping someone will actually read the darn thing!)
Well, that was the most writing fun I’ve had in a long time, and I thank Kim Scaravelli for the opportunity.
And because I’m so grateful, and Kim was so gracious in her nomination of me (and because Kim, herself, stated in her post that she loves to be nominated for anything!), I hereby award Kim Scaravelli of Stuff My Dog Taught Me the very prestigious Cordelia’s Mom, Still Enthusiasm Award. The award badge may be obtained here. There are no strings attached, no questions to answer, no requirement to nominate others, and EVERYONE is eligible. Go for it!