Sorry, ladies and gentlemen, but my day job is in the legal field (no, I’m not a lawyer, thank you very much), and I try to be careful about keeping things legal. Therefore, the obligatory legal statements will follow these introductory comments.
I don’t much care if you actually read the whole thing – when push comes to shove, it should be binding whether you read it or not (did I mention that I am not a lawyer and do not pretend to be one?)
Basically, what the fancy language in the Website Disclaimer means is this:
1. Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I am not an expert on anything.
2. Except for guest posts and reader comments, the opinions in this blog are mine. If I refer to a specific person, company, municipality, or geographic location, that is not to be interpreted as an endorsement.
3. If I inadvertently insult a person, company, municipality or residents in a specific geographic area, I might apologize, but you won’t get any money from me, even if by some miracle I have some money at the time of the alleged insult.
4. While I’ll try to post on some sort of recognizable schedule, I can’t guarantee that I won’t have a delay due to sickness or lack of ideas; and I also can’t guarantee that I won’t UP the schedule if I get really excited about something I’ve just written.
5. Just because an ad appears on one of my pages, it doesn’t mean that I endorse that product or service, although I will make every effort to keep inappropriate ads off my pages.
6. Oh, and please, please, please don’t get hurt, sick or die from reading this blog!
So, now that you understand my need to protect myself, here is the actual:
This Website Disclaimer was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 do not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contracts, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 have been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL’s or CORDELIASMOM2012’s negligence;*
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012; or
- matters which it would be illegal or unlawful for CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, their liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
And, as long as I’ve bored you to tears anyway, how about:
The owner of CORDELIA’S MOM, STILL and CORDELIASMOM2012 (collectively, the “Blog”) does not share personal information with third-parties nor does the Blog store information which is collected about your visit for use other than to analyze content performance. The owner of the Blog is not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without permission.
Blog Comments Policy**
The owner of the Blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam;
- Comments including profanity;
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed [unduly] offensive;
- Comments that attack a person individually;
- Comments that do not fit in with the subject matter of the Blog.
**Credit to: Sample Blog Disclaimer
Image by: hartboy