Spam-Bam Thank You Ma’am (September 2014)

SpamSushiThe spammers are getting bolder and smarter.  One of them actually managed to fool me into thinking a comment was legitimate – until he/she entered an identical comment on a different post several days later.

And they’re becoming more prolific – according to the Askimet stats, I received 4,147 spam comments last month, as opposed to 155 legitimate (ham) comments.  I fail to see what the spammers hope to accomplish – I’m the only blogger I know who actually reads the spam comments that make it to my comments filter, and of course, I delete 99% of them.  The other 1% become my monthly targets.

And it’s that time of the month again – on your mark, get set, go:

***

Comment:

“Very good! I think the same.”

Response:

I think not.

***

Comment:

“It’s nearly impossible to find experienced people on this subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about!”

Resonse:

Well, since you wrote this on one of my Spam-Bam posts, I guess I do know what I’m talking about.

***

Comment:

“This post is priceless. Where can I find out more?”

Response:

This comment was written on the very first post I ever wrote on this blog.  Therefore, you have a whole year’s worth of posts to catch up on – start reading and stop spamming!

***

Comment:

RubieSue“Fine way of describing, and nice post to take information about my presentation topic, which i am going to convey in college.”

Response:

This also was written on one of my Spam-Bam posts.  All I can say is, I didn’t know they had college courses in spamming.

***

Comment (Excerpt)

“If you’ve got made your mind to buy new sofa for your family area then here I am providing you some tips on the way to get bet sofa for your room.”

Response:

*Gasp*  How did you know Puppy Cody ate part of my couch?

***

Comment:

“This is the right blog for anyone who hopes to find out about this topic.  You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject that’s been discussed for a long time.  Wonderful stuff, just great!”

Response:

Smart spammer.  It’s always best not to argue with Cordelia’s Mom.

***

Comment (Excerpt):

“Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.”

Response:

Last month, you said you were bored at work in Colorado.  Guess you still haven’t found your dream job, have you?

***

Comment:

“Awesome post.”

Response:

Short and sweet.  Gotta love it.

***

Comment:

“does white chocolate liqueur go bad.”

Response:

I sure hope not, but I’d never keep any around long enough to find out.

***

Comment:

“What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity about unpredicted feelings.”

Response:

Please un-subscribe me.

Unsubscribe

♦♦♦

I could easily go on for another 3 pages, but I’ll save some for October lest I run out of material (not much chance of that!).

(As usual, apologies to the appropriate commenter if any of the foregoing weren’t, in fact, spam.  I realize that some comments suffer in translation, and I try to take that into account when determining what is spam and what is legitimate.)

__________

I love to hear from my readers. You may comment on this post, comment on my Facebook page, or email me at cordeliasmom2012@yahoo.com

__________

Images by: Kevin Vertucio, and S Carter, and Christopher Penn, respectively

This entry was posted in Maintain It Up, Spam-Bam, That's Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Spam-Bam Thank You Ma’am (September 2014)

  1. Paul says:

    Whew, you get a wide range of spam. You appear to be very popular. Ha! With friends like that who needs enemies? Funny post CM.

    Like

  2. Archon's Den says:

    Now I’m jealous that you get more and better spam than I do. I forgot to ‘like’ you over on Ollie’s site. Take two from petty cash. 😀

    Like

  3. Pingback: Always a Bridesmaid … | Cordelia's Mom, Still

  4. Pingback: Damn Canucks | Cordelia's Mom, Still

  5. Pingback: Spam-Bam Thank You Ma’am (November 2014) | Cordelia's Mom, Still

  6. Pingback: Spam-Bam Thank You Ma’am (December 2014) | Cordelia's Mom, Still

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s