Yes, those are the eggs that were left on the stove way too long, and thus became inedible. As was the bagel, which was left too long in the toaster.
Why? you ask.
It wasn’t because Puppy Cody was misbehaving. She wasn’t. Before breakfast, she went out as usual and calmly surveyed her territory:
The eggs got burned because when I looked out the front window, I saw this critter staring in at me:
I got so excited that I just had to grab all three of my cameras and spent an extreme amount of time trying to figure out which one would get the best shot – and forgot the eggs were on the stove, cooking When photographing, the rest of the world disappears for me.
I’m lucky I didn’t burn the house down. Cody let me know the eggs were done just the way she likes them. Good dog.
BTW, the eye doctor says my eyes are just fine. Must be – that mosquito eater insect was tiny.
Here’s to the weekend, folks. May it be perfect for all of us.
I love to hear from my readers. You may comment on this post, comment on my Facebook or Twitter pages, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Images by Cordelia’s Mom/TeddyRosalie Studio