Vicky V of vsomethingspeaks has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Unlike my alter-ego, Not CM, I am happy to accept.
The rules are:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
The first two items have been done (see above). I’ll leave the nominations for last because I need to think a bit on that.
As for the seven things about myself (and thank heavens, they don’t all need to be positive things!):
1. I found out just yesterday that even at my advanced age, I can pull an all-nighter and still function the next day. Daughter #2 fell on black ice and broke her wrist, calling me for a ride to the emergency room (if you’re a parent, you’ll know how I felt when the phone rang at 2:30 a.m.). She’ll need surgery, but otherwise she’s fine.
2. I’m beginning to have trouble driving at night – but let’s not tell anyone who needs a ride to the emergency room at 2:30 a.m., ok?
3. Along those same lines, I discovered last weekend that I can still manage to walk around a public event without collapsing from exhaustion after the first 15 minutes. Daughter #3 and I attended a weekend home show, which included …. wine tasting! Not only was I able to stay on my aging feet, I was able to do so even after numerous tastes of New York State wine. Yay! (And thank heavens there was no black ice that day.)
4. I’m shorter now than I was 5 years ago – but still taller than the looney tunes neighbor, who tries to appear taller by bouncing up on the balls of his feet and waving his arms around while screaming expletives at people who disagree with him (read that story here).
5. Plans are firming up for the upcoming meet-and-greets with other bloggers. One will require an out-of-town trip. I am so excited! (No, I’m still not telling you who or when – you’ll just have to keep coming back.)
6. I’m playing with the idea of setting up a line of Cordelia’s Mom merchandise, possibly including Puppy Cody stuff. I might even collaborate with Not CM. Aren’t you all just dying to get a CookieCakes’ coffee mug?
7. Still waiting for that ship to come in. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.
Wasn’t that fun? Seven (count ‘em) items that say absolutely nothing of any significance. I love it!
Now for the hard part. Too many of my favorite blogs have become “no awards” blogs. And of those that accept awards, most of them already have received the Versatile Blogger Award.
Having said that, here are my nominations, in alphabetical order after Paul Curran, who of course is always #1 (and again, there is no obligation to accept – consider the nomination as my way of honoring you):
Paul Curran of Julie No Blog
Please check out all their wonderful blogs!
Award image courtesy of the Versatile Blogger Award; other image by Cordelia’s Mom