Searching … Searching … Searching …

I’m always honored when a blogger with more followers than I have finally finds, comments and/or follows my blog. These days, I’m feeling rather special that there are fewer and fewer blogs with more followers than I have (way to go, CM!).

Recently, I received a comment from Jacob of the blog, “That’s So Jacob”, to wit:

You’ve been chosen as one of today’s nine blogs in That’s So Jacob’s Ninth Month Blog Challenge (! I challenge you to find nine blogs you find interesting and give them a comment to brighten their day…well, eight other blogs and mine 🙂 Copy this message in your comment and enjoy your new blog friends!

So, of course, I had to hop on over to Jacob’s site to see what was going on. I mean, someone new found me? Someone with more followers than me? Woo-hoo!

And I’m glad I did. Jacob’s site is well worth following. His posts are often amusing, sometimes serious, but always well-written – just the way I like a blog to be. If you haven’t found him yet, check out his site now.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this post.

I promised Jacob that I would take him up on his challenge, and I am slowly working on that. Nine new blogs to find? I’ll do my best, but I’m very fussy about what I read (you hear me, Jason Cushman?).

Therefore, if I find and enjoy your blog, I will comment as instructed by Jacob. I may even follow, if you’re especially entertaining! If you haven’t received my comment, it may be because I just haven’t gotten to you yet, or it may be because I don’t like you well enough to do so. You’ll never really know, will you? (Down, Not CM, down!)

If you have a blog that you’re especially fond of and think I should read (either your own or someone else’s), mention it in the comments below and I’ll take a look. With a little luck, you won’t all list blogs that I’m already following – because that would make this little project just so much harder.

Go for it, people!

I love to hear from my readers. You may comment on this post, comment on my Facebook or Twitter pages, or email me at or

Image by Cordelia’s Mom

This entry was posted in That's Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Searching … Searching … Searching …

1. Ned's Blog says:

You shouldn’t be too surpried; you’re easy to find and hard to forget 😉

Liked by 1 person

2. Paul says:

Love the picture of fish. Fine job CM.

Liked by 1 person

3. garym6059 says:

Good to see your hard work getting recognized by others :).

Liked by 2 people

4. Dan Antion says:

Glad to see more people appreciating the wisdom and fun of CM’s blog.

Liked by 1 person

5. Elyse says:

What a nice idea!

Liked by 1 person

6. candygai says:

I think under your sometimes tough exterior you are a quite wonderful and kind person. Certainly much kinder than your high school English teacher from a previous installment. I had one like that as well, he looked like Yerthe the Turtle, and still broke my ambition.
    I believe the orange fish in the above stock photo is a former a species of killifish called Australe. I know very little about fish intentionally, however my daughter’s father raised aquarium fish as a hobby. Since it seems ridiculous to have a closed mind, I picked up a few things.
    Lovely post CM

7. Just Plain Ol' Vic says:

Sounds like an interesting challenge.

8. markbialczak says:

Of course Jacob found and tapped you on the shoulder, CM. You’re swimming in deeper waters every day.

I don’t know if you’ve ever discovered Joey Mottern. She’s one of my faves, for her homey writing touch and perceptive wit and wisdom. If you haven’t taken a click, I hope you enjoy.

9. Pingback: That’s So Jacob’s Ninth Month Blog Challenge: Blog #1 | Just Plain Ol' Vic

10. thatssojacob says:

Well look at this…thanks, CM, for the shout out! Nebraska Nebraska!

11. Pingback: That’s So Jacob’s Ninth Month Blog Challenge: Blog #2 | Just Plain Ol' Vic