Hopefully not, but I am immuno-suppressed due to my Remicade treatments, and I’m due for my next treatment on Friday. Before treatment, the nurses always ask whether I have been sick or had any kind of infection in the recent past.
I need my treatment! So, if I can’t get over this cold ASAP, come Friday I will either have to cancel my treatment or lie to the nurses (hopefully, my scratchy voice will be gone by then!)
Rescheduling my treatment would not be my first choice, because my ulcerative colitis would likely return immediately and with a vengeance. I don’t like that scenario.
How dangerous, exactly, would it be to go ahead with my Remicade treatment while I’m still fighting off a virus of some kind? I don’t know. Hopefully, I won’t have to find out.
Meanwhile, I will be spending this holiday weekend mostly lying in bed or playing videogames, and drinking lots and lots of [non-alcoholic] beverages. I will not let this cold beat me, and I will not give up my much-needed medical treatment.
Thank you for letting me vent. I try not to do that very often.
NOTE: If any of my readers suffering from ulcerative colitis are on Remicade or a similar IV infusion therapy and have been faced with rescheduling a treatment due to illness, I’d really like to have some feedback on whether delaying the treatment had any detrimental effect – or in the alternative, whether going ahead with treatment while ill caused any serious problems. I know what the literature says, but real-life experiences would be more helpful.
I love to hear from my readers. You may comment on this post, comment on my Facebook page, or email me at Cordeliasmom2012@yahoo.com