Time to Relax

My camera is back!  Someone (either Nikon or the camera store) finally honored the one-year manufacturer’s warranty!  (Amazing, isn’t it?)

It wasn’t without a bit of a struggle, though.  I had called the camera shop a couple of weeks ago to check on the status of the repairs, and was given an estimate of $212 – to which I replied that since the camera was only a few months old and still under warranty, I felt Nikon should pay for the repairs.  (You may recall that the camera had originally been sent to Nikon by the camera shop and returned with a note that Nikon no longer had the available parts!).

I didn’t really expect to hear back.  I figured I would have to try to get a credit or refund from the camera shop and then make do with my little point-and-click Olympus.

But today, I got the call – the Nikon was fixed and I could pick it up!

So I did.

Of course, I then wanted to make sure it was working right, so I went back to Walton Woods Park.  The lighting was bad, and I immediately discovered that I had already forgotten how to properly use that camera, but I did my best.

I was hoping for some nice fall foliage pictures, but the leaves here are only just beginning to change:

The unpaved nature trail, however, had enough fallen leaves to make it difficult to actually see the trail:

I don’t know what happened here, and I’m not sure I want to know:

As I was leaving the park, I notice two ladies sitting on a bench watching the lake.  They kindly agreed to allow me to take the photo at the head of this post.

On the way home, I decided to stop in at the smaller park on North Forest Road.  It consists of merely a paved pathway around a golf course, so I didn’t spend a lot of time there.

It was quite damp and chilly, which made me begin to think about Christmas.  These red berries enforced that thought:

By now I was ready for a sit, and there were benches conveniently located.  I decided not to use this one, because the branches were so low:

I also decided against this bench and the neighboring shelter:

Instead of resting, I decided to simply head home to upload, tweak, and publish my photos.  Aren’t you glad I did?

__________
I love to hear from my readers. You may comment on this post, comment on my Facebook or Twitter pages, or email me at cordeliasmom2012@yahoo.com
__________
Images by Cordelia’s Mom

This entry was posted in Household Items, Photography, That's Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Time to Relax

1. If you’ve been getting the same weather we have, wind and rain have really denuded the trees. But I think (I hope) we’re going to get a couple of weeks of Indian Summer now. And maybe we will yet get some autumn.

And congratulations. You got your camera fixed!

2. Jim says:

you’ll get the hang of the camera again. it’s awfully disappointing that you had to go thru so much for a legitimate warranty repair.

3. joey says:

Oh pretty! Good job!

4. Great shots! Hurrah you got your camera back.

5. Dan Antion says:

The camera appears to be working well. Our leaves are late this year, too. I hope that means that winter will be late.

6. Tippy Gnu says:

I love the photo at the head of the post. And I’m glad you now have your camera back. It takes good photos when it works.

7. nickc324 says:

Great photos! I am glad your camera is back and that they fixed it. That one photo is a good mystery, too.

• Thanks, Nick. There was one photo I didn’t post on WP which actually had what looked like a face at the bottom. I didn’t see any faces when I took the photo. You can see it over on either Flickr.com (link is on right side of my WP page) or YouPic.com (just search for CordeliasMom).

8. Pingback: Spooky Update | Cordelia's Mom, Still

9. Love those amazing shots, CM! (灬♥ω♥灬)

10. I admire your persistence in having your camera fixed. I used to have a Nikon, which packed it in years ago, and now use a simple ‘point and shoot’ Canon. It takes better pictures than my smart phone, which always leaves me disappointed! Your camera is definitely fixed. Congratulations!

• Thank you. I wasn’t sure about the quality of those pictures, the focus seemed a little off to me. But it had rained earlier in the day and was a bit dark at the time I did the photography. If we ever get sun again, I can see if the focus is still ok.

11. markbialczak says:

I am glad to see that you are again in company of your camera, CM. You put it to very good use on the first day of the reunion.

12. Laura says:

I love a great collection of photos! This made me realize it’s been far too long since I went walking with my camera.